The Figtree Anglican Church Library exists to provide an enduring collection of God-centred, Christ-exalting, Word-expounding books for the building up of the body of Christ at FAC.
Such a library gives us the opportunity to deepen our understanding of God, and so kindle and inflame our affections for Him.
It is also a way of passing on to the next generation a bounty of rich theological truth, to encourage them to hold fast to the gospel of God, and “contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints” (Jude 3)
Check out the range of books available at FAC Library
How do I borrow a book?
Borrowing is easy! There’s no complicated sign-up process. Simply:
- Browse our physical collection during office hours (9am-5pm Monday to Friday), or after the services on a Sunday. The Library is located in the old building at the end of the staff offices (with a small sample down near the information desk in the foyer).
- Record the details of the books you are borrowing in the library loans folder (located at the office or the info desk).
- Browse the on-line catalogue at FAC Library
- Pick out a book (or books) you like. You can borrow up to 3 at a time.
- Email email@example.com and request the book. You can pick up your books the next working day from the office (or by arrangement)
Devour your books and bring them back in 4 weeks!
Are there plans for the continued growth of the library?
Yes! In fact, we’d love it if you decided to support us in growing the library.
Would you consider donating a book?
- Take a look at our online FAC Library Wish List or you can flick through a hard copy at the info desk.
- Find a book from the wishlist you would like to donate. If you already have the book at home (and it’s in very good condition), we’d be happy to take it second hand.
- Otherwise give us a call, and we’ll find the cheapest price for it online.
If you know of a particularly good resource that isn’t on the wishlist, you could suggest a book via email: firstname.lastname@example.org